FUJIFILM X-A3 Overview
With a retro styling and selfie-first design, the brown X-A3 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens from Fujifilm will be a ton of fun for photographers. The X-A3 incorporates a newly developed 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor that can create sharp, detailed images at sensitivities up to ISO 25600 and continuous shooting speeds of up to 6 fps. An electronic shutter option is now available as well, allowing for shutter speeds up to an incredible 1/32000 second. In addition to stills, the X-A3 even offers Full HD video at up to 60 fps. Addtionally, in creating a selfie-ready tool, the X-A3 has a touchscreen LCD that can tilt up to 180° and uses a slide-and-tilt mechanism to ensure 100% visibility as you shoot. The touchscreen also provides added functionality with Touch AF, Touch Shoot, and other controls.
The camera features a redesigned body with an aluminum top cover, front plate, and top dials as well as a faux leather grip that has an excellent feel. In addition to this it has a variety of new features to make shooting easier, including a Self-Timer with Smile Detection, Buddy Timer, and Group Timer settings. There is even an Eye Detection mode to ensure excellent selfies. In order to ensure optimal performance, the X-A3 utilizes a 77-point contrast-detect AF system. Built-in Wi-Fi further enhances usability with a direct connection to smartphones and instax SHARE printers. Additionally, it embraces Fujifilm’s long history with the inclusion of Film Simulations and Advanced Filters.
Included with the X-A3 is the XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS II lens, which covers wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives with its 24-76mm equivalent focal length range. Three aspherical elements and one extra-low dispersion element reduce aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range and an optical image stabilization system compensates for up to 3.5 stops of camera shake to produce sharper, clearer imagery in low-light conditions.
On the rear of the camera, all of the physical controls are positioned to the right side of the body to benefit one-handed operation. A dedicated button is also available to activate the self-timer functions.
- Portrait Enhancer mode can be used to lighten skin tones for a clear and smooth appearance that is especially ideal for taking selfies.
- Super i-Flash accurately controls the light output of the built-in flash depending on the subject type for more natural-appearing imagery.
- The included battery can provide up to 410 shots per charger.
- Advanced Filters can be used to creatively adjust the look of your photos, and include Toy Camera, Miniature, High Key, Low Key, Dynamic Tone, Soft Focus, Pop Color, and Partial Color (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple) settings. Shooting modes: Advanced SR AUTO, Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Sport, Advanced Mode, Custom, Manual, Night, Scene Position, Shutter Priority AE, Portrait Enhancer, and Landscape.
- Scene Position settings: Portrait, Sunset, Party, Night (Tripod), Snow, Flower, Fireworks, Beach, and Text.
- In-camera raw processing.
- Time lapse and panorama functions.
In the Box
- FUJIFILM X-A3 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Lens (Brown)
- AC-5VF Battery Charger
- USB Cable
- Shoulder Strap
- Body Cap