Gitzo 100-Year Anniversary Overview
This limited-edition, magnesium-alloy and carbon fiber Anniversary Edition Tripod commemorates Gitzo’s 2017 centennial. Only 1,917 100-Year Anniversary Edition Tripods will be produced, in honor of 1917, the year Gitzo was founded. A testament to Gitzo’s longevity, each 100-Year Anniversary Edition Tripod is engraved with its production number on one of its legs.
Included with each 100-Year Anniversary Edition Tripod is an anniversary booklet, an authentication certificate, a hangtag identifying the Gitzo craftsperson who assembled the tripod, plus a leather tripod strap.
Constructed from magnesium-alloy and carbon fiber for durability while remaining lightweight, the 100-Year Anniversary Edition Tripod supports up to 22.0 lb, measures 16.9″ when folded, and can be positioned to a maximum height of 55.5″, or 64.96″ with its push-and-pull, rapid center column fully raised. Its 4-section legs each feature an independent spread, a 2-position angle lock, and twist locks for rapid deployment. When the center column and the legs are retracted, the tripod stands at 16.73″. To enhance stability on a wide variety of surfaces, each leg includes a rubber foot.
Cameras, lenses, or sport optics that are compatible with a 1/4″-20 mount can be connected to the Arca-type quick release plate, which is secured to the tripod’s ball head using a quick release clamp. The ball head is also engraved in celebration of Gitzo’s 100-year anniversary, is removable, provides up to a 90° tilt for portrait orientation, 360° of independent rotation, and can be locked into place along its range of movement.
For added versatility, a short, secondary center column is provided, facilitating low-angle photography. When installed, the tripod can be lowered to a height of 9.25″.
Use and Handling
- Limited-edition, magnesium-alloy and carbon fiber traveler tripod built to commemorate Gitzo’s 2017 centennial
- Only 1,917 100-Year Anniversary Edition tripods will be produced as well as engraved with its production number
- Anniversary booklet, authentication certificate, plus a hangtag identifying the Gitzo craftsperson who assembled the tripod
- Supports up to 22.0 lb
- Push-and-pull center column for rapid camera, lens, or sport optic positioning
- Can be set to a height of 16.73″ to a maximum height of 55.5″ or 64.96″ with its push-and-pull, rapid center column fully raised
- Secondary, short center column included for low-angle photography, enabling a height of 9.25″
- Legs each feature four sections, an independent spread, and a twist lock for rapid deployment
- Legs can be locked at 25° or 82° angles
- Rubber feet help to enhance stability on a wide variety of surfaces
- Weighs 3.0 lb, measures 16.9″ when legs are reversed 180° and folded
- Ball head is engraved in celebration of Gitzo’s 100-year anniversary, provides up to a 90° tilt for portrait orientation, 360° of independent rotation, and can be locked into place along its range of movement
- Removable ballast hook
- Hex key and torx keys to adjust miscellaneous component screws
- Magnesium-alloy body
- Carbon fiber legs
- Removable, aluminum-alloy ball head with quick release clamp and built-in bubble level
- Arca-type quick release plate with 1/4″-20 mount
- Leather tripod strap